South Valley Operates a large greenhouse where enrolled part-time students learn practically all the phases of the plant growing process.
South Valley School's wood shop is a fully equipped facility where custom wood products are produced by students enrolled in the part-time program.
Most items can be personalized with names, or any desired quote or logo. Use one of our ideas, bring your own, or work with our designers to create something unique.
Get your teen or adult with special needs ready for transition with Family to Family Network workshops. Find information about other resources available.
February 2019 at South Valley
- Candy Grams will be available to purchase Wednesday, February 6 - Thursday, February 14. Cost is $.75 each.
- Our annual SWEETHEARTS DANCE will be held Friday, February 8 from 6 - 8 p.m. ALL ALUMNI AND CURRENT STUDENTS INVITED! Admission is $5.00.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held Wednesday, February 13 from 3 - 7 p.m. and Thursday, February 14 from 3 - 6:30 p.m. Students and Parents can come during allotted times without an appointment.
- NO SCHOOL Friday, February 15 for PTC Compensatory Day.
- NO SCHOOL Monday, February 18 for President's Day.
March 2019 at South Valley
- Friday, March 8 we have the Drum Bus coming to teach our students about rhythm and sound. This is a very fun activity!
- Tuesday, March 12 at 7:00 p.m. is the meeting for those students who will attend our Life Design class in the 2019-2020 School Year. It will be held at the JATC North Campus located on 90th South by Bangerter Highway. The meeting is in Building 2, Room 318. See flyer below for more information.
- NO SCHOOL Friday, March 22 for Grade Transmittal Day.
Work at South Valley
We currently have the following position(s) available:
- Instructional Assistant I - Part Time
For information on this position or to apply, please click here.
Join Smith's Grocery Store Inspiring Donations for South Valley School!
South Valley School will receive .5% of each eligible purchase you make when you link us to your Rewards Card. Our organization number is: CT421. Even if you have enrolled in the past, check to make sure South Valley is still receiving credit. To go to Smith's website and sign up or check your enrollment is still up to date, click here.
Disability Survey Available
The Utah State Board of Education has recently released a survey about programs for students with disabilities in Utah. We would love it if you can take the time to take the survey and share your expectations for and beliefs about educational programs for students with disabilities. Just click on the link below. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
To take other surveys, go to our survey link under the School Information tab.
Parents as Partners in the IEP Process Workshop Available
Carbon School District in cooperation with the Utah Parent Center are sponsoring a workshop on Monday, February 25 from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. at the Carbon School District offices. The address is 241 W. 400 N. in Price, Utah. For more information, see flyer below.
Supporting Sibling Relationships Research Survey Available
The U of U Medical Center is conducting a research study for families with at least one child who has been diagnosed with autism. Please see flyer below for more information.
Transition Mentoring Event Coming Up
There will be a Transition Mentoring Day on Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at Davis Technical College located at 550 E. 300 S. in Kaysville, Utah. See flyer for information. If you would like the application to register, please email Rebecca Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be sent by February 12, 2019.
Easterseals Goodwill Parent Connections Support and Networking Group
Come network and exchange information with parents who are preparing their child to transition to employment. Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 9035 S. 700 E. in Sandy from 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. See flyer for more information.
2019-2020 Life Design Students Mandatory Orientation Meeting.
The Life Design Mandatory Orientation Meeting for potential Life Design class students will be held Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. at the JATC North Campus, Building 2, Room 318. See flyer for more information.
Life After South Valley School Transition Fair Coming Up
Do you want more information about guardianship, Social Security, or trusts for special needs individuals? Come to the Transition Fair on March 21, 2019 from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. located at Copper Hills High School in the Tech atrium. Please park on the west side and enter through the west doors. See flyer for more information.
Work Ability Career Exploration & Job Fair Coming Up
There is a Work Ability Career Exploration & Job Fair for Individuals with Disabilities coming up! Save the Date: April 9, 2019. Will be held at the Sanderson Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing located at 5709 S. 1500 W. in Taylorsville, Utah. See flyers below.
Utah Developmental Disabilities Council Conference
The Utah Developmental Disabilities Council is holding a conference on May 16-18, 2019. It is on building strengths as self-advocates. Registration is available on February 1. See flyer for more information.