South Valley operates a large greenhouse where students learn job skills as well as how to grow and care for plants. They also learn customer service skills when the public comes in to purchase items grown in the greenhouse.
South Valley School's wood shop is a fully equipped facility where custom wood products are produced by students enrolled in the part-time program.
Most items can be personalized with names, or any desired quote or logo. Use one of our ideas, bring your own, or work with our designers to create something unique.
Get your teen or adult with special needs ready for transition. Find information about resources available for special needs adults.
Breakfast is served! Breakfast is now offered here at South Valley every morning. Cost is $1.00; $.30 for reduced.
Check out our NEW breakfast menu on the Menu page.
January 2020 at South Valley
- Monday, January 6 is our first day back after Winter Recess. We hope you all had a lovely holiday season.
- Our Student of the Month Breakfast will be Friday, January 10. Congratulations to the students who will be recognized!
- NO SCHOOL Monday, January 20 for Dr. Martin Luther King Day.
- NO SCHOOL Tuesday, January 21 for Grade Transmittal Day. Enjoy the 4-day weekend.
- Family to Family will be held Thursday, January 23 from 7 - 8:30 p.m. The topic this month in Emergency Preparedness. Come learn skills to help you and your family be better informed and prepared for emergencies.
- Our annual Talent Show will be Friday, January 31 at 8:30 a.m. This is a favorite for everyone! Family members and friends are welcome to come and watch.
Work at South Valley
To see positions we currently have available, please click here.
Join Smith's Grocery Store Inspiring Donations for South Valley School!
South Valley School will receive .5% of each eligible purchase you make when you link us to your Rewards Card. Our organization number is: CT421. Even if you have enrolled in the past, check to make sure South Valley is still receiving credit. To go to Smith's website and sign up or check your enrollment is still up to date, click here.
Disability Advocacy Day
Friday, January 30, the Utah Developmental Disabilities Council, along with other partners, is sponsoring self-advocate training at the Utah State Capitol. See flyer for more information.