Our Greenhouse special education program has moved to the JATC-South campus located in Riverton. We no longer grow or sell plants here at South Valley School.
South Valley School's wood shop is a fully equipped facility where custom wood products are produced by students enrolled in the part-time program.
Most items can be personalized with names, or any desired quote or logo. Use one of our ideas, bring your own, or work with our designers to create something unique.
Get your teen or adult with special needs ready for transition. Find information about resources available for special needs adults.
Free Breakfast and Lunch
Breakfast and lunch will be FREE for the remainder of the 2020-21 School Year. The USDA Free Meal Waiver has supplied grant funds that will pay for each students breakfast and lunch. This is a fantastic opportunity and we gratefully acknowledge the USDA for this benefit.
- Thursday, Oct. 1 - Food Handler Permit Class and our Student of the Month Recognitions
- 19th - 23rd - Monday through Friday is our Fall Recess. NO SCHOOL.
- 26th - NO SCHOOL for Grade Transmittal Day
- 29th - Halloween (observed). Costumes encouraged!
- Monday, Nov. 2 - Student of the Month Recognitions. Check out the classroom pages to see each classrooms current Student of the Month!
- Our Job Sites are set to begin on Nov. 2. We are excited to begin our job training for this school year.
- Thursday, Nov. 5 - Picture Make-Up Day! We will also take our graduates pictures in their cap and gowns. We have purchased them for our graduates and each will use their own.
- Friday, Nov. 20 - School Community Council Meeting. See our SCC page for the agenda and meeting notes.
- Wednesday, Nov. 25 - Friday, November 27 - NO SCHOOL for the Thanksgiving Recess. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Reopening of the 2020/2021 School Year
The Jordan School District Board of Education has approved the plan for reopening schools. See the plan by clicking here.
To see South Valley's Processes and Procedures for school reopening please click here.
If you would like your child to enroll in virtual learning for the 2020-21 school year, please contact Rita.
If you want more information about this school year and to view the JSD COVID-19 Dashboard with all of the current numbers, please see the Jordan District Moving Forward page at https://movingforward.jordandistrict.org/.
To better understand the Jordan COVID-19 Data Dashboard, we invite you to listen to the following episode of our Supercast podcast: https://supercast.jordandistrict.org/054-understanding-the-jordan-covid-19-data-dashboard/
If you have further questions, or would like to discuss specific issues regarding your student, please email our Principal, Rita Bouillon at email@example.com.
Covid-19 and Face Covering Information
Per the Jordan School District Board 2020-21 approved plan for reopening school, face coverings will be worn by all students. To request an exemption, please fill out the Exemption Request. You can read all of the latest information on the Covid-19 pandemic, access the face covering exemption form and see mask facts here.
Salt Lake County Covid-19 Data Dashboard
JSD plans to keep students and parents updated on the number of active Covid-19 cases in Jordan School District on a regular basis.
Below are the numbers as of Oct. 26, 2020:
- 290 active COVID-19 cases in Jordan School District
- 506 students or employees have been asked to quarantine as a result of being in close contact with an infected individual
- Jordan School District has more than 56,000 students and more than 6,000 employees
In addition, the Salt Lake County Health Department has established a Data Dashboard where you can access updated school associated COVID-19 cases. You can find the Data Dashboard at the following link: https://slco.org/health/COVID-19/data/
Work at South Valley
To see positions we currently have available, please click here.
Join Smith's Grocery Store Inspiring Donations for South Valley School!
South Valley School will receive .5% of each eligible purchase you make when you link us to your Rewards Card. We use this money, along with parent/guardian donations, for our community based activities. Our organization number is: CT421. Even if you have enrolled in the past, check to make sure South Valley is still receiving credit. To go to Smith's website and sign up or check your enrollment is still up to date, click here.
Self Advocacy Opportunities
The Utah Developmental Disabilities Council is looking for self-advocates that would be interested in being a part of their quarterly self-advocate spotlight. These videos highlight self-advocates in Utah that are employed, who are volunteering, or someone that is just getting started on their advocacy journey. If you are interested, email Eric Stoker, a former South Valley School student and Information Specialist for the Utah Developmental Disabilities Council, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Because of social distancing, the interviews will be conducted using Google Meet and recorded. To see a sample recording of what the spotlight will look like, please click here.