South Valley operates a large greenhouse where students learn job skills as well as how to grow and care for plants. They also learn customer service skills when the public comes in to purchase items grown in the greenhouse.
South Valley School's wood shop is a fully equipped facility where custom wood products are produced by students enrolled in the part-time program.
Most items can be personalized with names, or any desired quote or logo. Use one of our ideas, bring your own, or work with our designers to create something unique.
Get your teen or adult with special needs ready for transition. Find information about resources available for special needs adults.
October 2019 at South Valley
- Friday, October 2 - Student of the Month Breakfast.
- Our Homecoming Week will be October 14 - 18! We have many activities planned. Show your spirit and join in the fun!
-Monday - Hat & Tie Day
-Tuesday - Sport Team Shirt Day
-Wednesday - Crazy Sock Day
-Thursday - School Colors Day - Wear red, white and black
-Friday - Crazy Hair Day
- Friday, October 18 - HOMECOMING HOEDOWN DANCE from 6-8 p.m. For all alumni and current students! Entrance fee is $5. Photographs available for purchase for $1 ea. Dress in western wear. Arrive and leave on time. There is no supervision after the dance.
- Monday, October 21 - Friday, October 25 - NO SCHOOL for Fall Recess.
- Monday, October 28 - NO SCHOOL for Grade Transmittal Day.
- Our school Halloween Carnival will be Thursday, October 31. Costumes allowed! We will have many fun activities!
A Huge CONGRATULATIONS to our teacher Stuart Roberts!
He was award the Jordan Education Foundation's South Valley School Teacher of the Year award for the 2018-19 School year. He is an amazing teacher who teaches in Class 4. We all are so proud of you! CONGRATULATIONS!
Work at South Valley
To see positions we currently have available, please click here.
Join Smith's Grocery Store Inspiring Donations for South Valley School!
South Valley School will receive .5% of each eligible purchase you make when you link us to your Rewards Card. Our organization number is: CT421. Even if you have enrolled in the past, check to make sure South Valley is still receiving credit. To go to Smith's website and sign up or check your enrollment is still up to date, click here.
Disability Survey Available
The Utah State Board of Education has recently released a survey about programs for students with disabilities in Utah. We would love it if you can take the time to take the survey and share your expectations for and beliefs about educational programs for students with disabilities. Just click on the link below. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
To take other surveys, go to our survey link under the School Information tab.