South Valley Operates a large greenhouse where enrolled part-time students learn practically all the phases of the plant growing process.
South Valley School's wood shop is a fully equipped facility where custom wood products are produced by students enrolled in the part-time program.
Most items can be personalized with names, or any desired quote or logo. Use one of our ideas, bring your own, or work with our designers to create something unique.
Get your teen or adult with special needs ready for transition. Find information about resources available.
March 2019 at South Valley
- Friday, March 8 we have the Drum Bus coming to teach our students about rhythm and sound. This is a very fun activity!
- Tuesday, March 12 at 7:00 p.m. is the meeting for those students who will attend our Life Design class in the 2019-2020 School Year. It will be held at the JATC North Campus located on 90th South by Bangerter Highway. The meeting is in Building 2, Room 318. See flyer below for more information.
- NO SCHOOL Friday, March 22 for Grade Transmittal Day.
April 2019 at South Valley
- Friday, April 12 is our annual Egg Drop activity! The theme this year is BUGS. It is always fun to see which student's package holds their egg intact after the throw from the roof! A favorite for everyone!
- Thursday, April 11 we will have a Family to Family meeting here at South Valley at 7:00 p.m.
- NO SCHOOL Monday, April 15 - Friday, April 19 for Spring Recess.
- SBO Election Week for our 2019/2020 school year Student Body Officers will be Monday, April 28 - Friday, May 3.
Work at South Valley
We currently have the following position(s) available:
- Instructional Assistant I - Part Time
For information on this position or to apply, please click here.
Join Smith's Grocery Store Inspiring Donations for South Valley School!
South Valley School will receive .5% of each eligible purchase you make when you link us to your Rewards Card. Our organization number is: CT421. Even if you have enrolled in the past, check to make sure South Valley is still receiving credit. To go to Smith's website and sign up or check your enrollment is still up to date, click here.
Disability Survey Available
The Utah State Board of Education has recently released a survey about programs for students with disabilities in Utah. We would love it if you can take the time to take the survey and share your expectations for and beliefs about educational programs for students with disabilities. Just click on the link below. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
To take other surveys, go to our survey link under the School Information tab.
Supporting Sibling Relationships Research Survey Available
The U of U Medical Center is conducting a research study for families with at least one child who has been diagnosed with autism. Please see flyer below for more information.
Life After South Valley School Transition Fair Coming Up
Do you want more information about guardianship, Social Security, or trusts for special needs individuals? Come to the Transition Fair on March 21, 2019 from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. located at Copper Hills High School in the Tech atrium. Please park on the west side and enter through the west doors. See flyer for more information.
Work Ability Career Exploration & Job Fair Coming Up
There is a Work Ability Career Exploration & Job Fair for Individuals with Disabilities coming up! Save the Date: April 9, 2019. Will be held at the Sanderson Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing located at 5709 S. 1500 W. in Taylorsville, Utah. See flyers below.
Utah Developmental Disabilities Council Conference
The Utah Developmental Disabilities Council is holding a conference on May 16-18, 2019. It is on building strengths as self-advocates. Registration is available on February 1. See flyer for more information.