South Valley Operates a large greenhouse where enrolled part-time students learn practically all the phases of the plant growing process.
South Valley School's wood shop is a fully equipped facility where custom wood products are produced by students enrolled in the part-time program.
Most items can be personalized with names, or any desired quote or logo. Use one of our ideas, bring your own, or work with our designers to create something unique.
Get your teen or adult with special needs ready for transition with Family to Family Network workshops. Find information about other resources available.
January 2019 at South Valley
- Tuesday, January 1 - Happy New Year! NO SCHOOL.
- NO SCHOOL on January 14. Grade Transmittal Day. End of 2nd Term is Friday, January 11.
- NO SCHOOL on January 21 for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
- Our annual Talent Show is Friday, January 25 at 8:30 a.m. PARENTS WELCOME! This is a wonderful event that staff and students look forward to. Come and enjoy with us!
February 2019 at South Valley
- Candy Grams will be available to purchase Wednesday, February 8 - Thursday, February 14. Cost is $.50, $.75 or $1.00 each.
- Our annual SWEETHEARTS DANCE will be held Friday, February 8 from 6 - 8 p.m. ALL ALUMNI AND CURRENT STUDENTS INVITED! Admission is $5.00.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held Wednesday, February 13 from 3 - 7 p.m. and Thursday, February 14 from 3 - 6:30 p.m. Students and Parents can come during allotted times without an appointment.
- NO SCHOOL Friday, February 15 for PTC Compensatory Day.
- NO SCHOOL Monday, February 18 for President's Day.
Work at South Valley
We currently have the following position(s) available:
- Instructional Assistant I - Part Time
For information on this position or to apply, please click here.
Parent Connections Support and Networking Group
Easterseals Goodwill is sponsoring a parent connections support and networking group Tuesday, January 22, 2019. The meeting will be from 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. at 9035 S. 700 E. in Sandy, Utah. Please call 801-633-2091 to register. See flyer for more information.
Night to Shine
Sponsored by the Tim Tebow Foundation
Night to Shine is a prom night experience for people with special needs, ages 14 and older that will be held on February 8, 2019. Registration begins December 31, 2018.
Disability Survey Available
The Utah State Board of Education has recently released a survey about programs for students with disabilities in Utah. We would love it if you can take the time to take the survey and share your expectations for and beliefs about educational programs for students with disabilities. Just click on the link below. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
To take other surveys, go to our survey link under the School Information tab.
Supporting Sibling Relationships Research Survey Available
The U of U Medical Center is conducting a research study for families with at least one child who has been diagnosed with autism. Please see flyer below for more information.
Transition Mentoring Event Coming Up
There will be a Transition Mentoring Day on Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at Davis Technical College located at 550 E. 300 S. in Kaysville, Utah. See flyer for information. If you would like the application to register, please email Rebecca Marshall at email@example.com. Applications must be sent by February 12, 2019.
Work Ability Career Exploration & Job Fair Coming Up
There is a Work Ability Career Exploration & Job Fair for Individuals with Disabilities coming up! Save the Date: April 9, 2019. Will be held at the Sanderson Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing located at 5709 S. 1500 W. in Taylorsville, Utah. See flyers below.