South Valley Operates a large greenhouse where enrolled part-time students learn practically all the phases of the plant growing process.
South Valley School's wood shop is a fully equipped facility where custom wood products are produced by students enrolled in the part-time program.
Most items can be personalized with names, or any desired quote or logo. Use one of our ideas, bring your own, or work with our designers to create something unique.
Get your teen or adult with special needs ready for transition. Find information about resources available for special needs adults.
April 2019 at South Valley
- Thursday, April 11 we will have a Family to Family meeting here at South Valley at 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, April 12 is our annual Egg Drop activity! The theme this year is BUGS. It is always fun to see which student's package holds their egg intact after the throw from the roof! A favorite for everyone!
- NO SCHOOL Monday, April 15 - Friday, April 19 for Spring Recess.
- Wednesday, April 24 and Thursday, April 25 tours of our school will be given to current High School students who are planning to attend South Valley next year. We are excited for you to come see how wonderful it is here!
- SBO Election Week for our 2019/2020 school year Student Body Officers will be Monday, April 28 - Friday, May 3.
- Tuesday, April 30 we will attend Farm Days at Butterfield Farms in Herriman. We love the opportunity to see farm animals up close!
May 2019 at South Valley
- Our students will vote for the 2019-2020 Student Body Officers on Friday, May 3.
- Sheriff's Week is Monday, May 6 - Friday May 10. We absolutely love having the Sheriff's Department personnel here doing activities and eating lunch with our students. Thank you Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office!
- Teacher Appreciation Week is Monday, May 6 - Friday, May 10. Let your teacher know how much you appreciate everything they do!
- The last day for our job sites will be Tuesday, May 21.
- The last day for our Wood Shop and Greenhouse classes will be Thursday, May 23.
- Friday, May 24 is our Picnic in the Park closing activity and Yearbook Day.
- Graduation Practices will be held on Tuesday, May 28 and Wednesday, May 29 from 8:30 - 10:30 a.m. at West Jordan High auditorium.
- GRADUATION is Thursday, May 30 at 3:00 p.m. at West Jordan High School auditorium. Everyone is invited!
- Friday, May 31 is the last day of school. HAVE A WONDERFUL SUMMER!
A Huge CONGRATULATIONS to our teacher Stuart Roberts!
He was award the Jordan Education Foundation's South Valley School Teacher of the Year award for the 2018-19 School year. He is an amazing teacher who teaches in Class 4. We all are so proud of you! CONGRATULATIONS!
Work at South Valley
We currently have the following position(s) available:
- Instructional Assistant I - Part Time
For information on this position or to apply, please click here.
Join Smith's Grocery Store Inspiring Donations for South Valley School!
South Valley School will receive .5% of each eligible purchase you make when you link us to your Rewards Card. Our organization number is: CT421. Even if you have enrolled in the past, check to make sure South Valley is still receiving credit. To go to Smith's website and sign up or check your enrollment is still up to date, click here.
Disability Survey Available
The Utah State Board of Education has recently released a survey about programs for students with disabilities in Utah. We would love it if you can take the time to take the survey and share your expectations for and beliefs about educational programs for students with disabilities. Just click on the link below. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
To take other surveys, go to our survey link under the School Information tab.
Supporting Sibling Relationships Research Survey Available
The U of U Medical Center is conducting a research study for families with at least one child who has been diagnosed with autism. Please see flyer below for more information.
Autism: Strategies for Home and School Training
Parents, Teachers, Services Personnel, Administrators and anyone interested in learning more about helping kids with High Functioning Autism succeed and thrive and invited to attend training sessions. The sessions will be held at the JSD District Office Building in room 129 located at 7387 S. Campus View Dr. in West Jordan. Please see flyer for more information.
Jordan School District Family Resource Fair
Come and get information about resources available for Families. There will be prizes available, and pizza will be served. Come Monday, April 22 from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. at the J.S.D. Auxiliary Service Building located at 7905 S. Redwood Road in West Jordan. See flyer for more information.
Jordan Education Foundation 5K Obstacle Course
Come walk or run in our 5K Obstacle Course Saturday, May 11 at 9:00 a.m. at the Veterans Memorial Park located at 8030 South 1825 West in West Jordan. If you register before April 15, cost is $15. Go to http://www.jefchallenge.org for details and to register. See flyer for more information.
Utah Developmental Disabilities Council Conference
The Utah Developmental Disabilities Council is holding a conference on May 16-18, 2019. It is on building strengths as self-advocates. Registration is available on February 1. See flyer for more information.