South Valley Operates a large greenhouse where enrolled part-time students learn practically all the phases of the plant growing process
South Valley School's wood shop is a fully equipped facility where custom wood products are produced by students enrolled in the part-time program
Most items can be personalized with names, or any desired quote or logo. Use one of our ideas, bring your own, or work with our designers to create something unique
Get your teen or adult with special needs ready for transition with Family to Family Network workshops
December 2018 at South Valley
- We are going to the movie as a school on Friday, December 14. Admission will be paid by the school, but any concessions students would like to purchase will be their responsibility.
- Friday, December 21 is our Pajama Stomp. Wear pajamas and come have fun! For current students ONLY.
- WINTER BREAK is December 24 - January 1. NO SCHOOL. Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- School will resume on Wednesday, January 2.
January 2019 at South Valley
- Tuesday, January 1 - Happy New Year! NO SCHOOL.
- NO SCHOOL on January 14. Grade Transmittal Day. End of 2nd Term is Friday, January 11.
- NO SCHOOL on January 21 for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
- Our annual Talent Show is Friday, January 25 at 8:30 a.m. PARENTS WELCOME! This is a wonderful event that staff and students look forward to. Come and enjoy with us!
Night to Shine
Sponsored by the Tim Tebow Foundation
Night to Shine is a prom night experience for people with special needs, ages 14 and older that will be held on February 8, 2019. Registration begins December 31, 2018.
Disability Survey Available
The Utah State Board of Education has recently released a survey about programs for students with disabilities in Utah. We would love it if you can take the time to take the survey and share your expectations for and beliefs about educational programs for students with disabilities. Just click on the link below. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
Work Ability Career Exploration & Job Fair Coming Up
There is a Work Ability Career Exploration & Job Fair for Individuals with Disabilities coming up! Save the Date: April 9, 2019. Will be held at the Sanderson Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing located at 5709 S. 1500 W. in Taylorsville, Utah. See flyer below.